What is local by you right now?
I had no idea, so I asked the internet what is local to my state and what should be freshest this month.
- Basil (Growing well in my garden after looking dead for 2 months)
- Butter Beans
- Collard Greens
- Cucumbers (Growing in the garden for grammie)
- Green Beans
- Green Onions
- Wild Mushrooms
- Pea Pods
- Sweet Peppers (Growing slowly in the garden)
- Shelling Beans
- Summer Squash (Most have died in our garden)
- Tomatoes (Growing too well in our garden… there are 25 in the dehydrator this morning)
- Zucchini (Most have died in our garden)
We do have quite a bit that are year-round foods. My assumption is that this is due to storage of root vegetables/pods and greenhouses.
- Herbs (Thyme, oregano, mint, chocolate mint, pineapple sage, rosemary, hot lips sage growing well in the garden)
- Sweet Potatoes
What are your produce plans this month?