Let’s see how well I did with this year…
1. Loose some weight: This did not go so well. We’ve had a bit of a hectic schedule this year and fast food/convenience foods are sometimes just so much easier.
2. Exercise: The bike spent the majority of the year inaccessible. It’s out now… hopefully next year will be better. I’ve also taken up gardening.
3. Eat more whole foods: We’ve done a lot better since I’ve gone Gluten Free. It is amazing how hard it is to find pre-made foods that taste amazing. I can make them better… so I have been trying to do so.
4. Pay off some debt: I have paid off both my original goal and my second goal. Hopefully I will have it all paid off by the first of June next year.
5. Finish 6 quilts: With all the problems I have had with my hand, with moving and not having enough time most quilting projects have gone on hold.
6. Host 4 dinner parties: We held several more dinner parties than originally planned. I really do enjoy hosting and would so more often if time and money permitted me.
7. Try 12 new recipes: I’ve actually made more random meals that were not from recipes than meals from recipes. I’m working on that.
8. Read 12 non-fiction books: I have actually enjoyed reading non-fiction more than I thought I would.
9. Write at least 100 words a day on my maybe novel… that would be at least 36,500 by the end of the year: I think putting myself to a schedule really killed my inspiration. Maybe I should not put expectations on this.
10. Go to Ireland… again: Went to England, France and The Netherlands instead.
11. Try 12 new wines: We have not been opening too many new varieties, once we find one we like we tend to stick with it.
12. Learn some basic phrases in German: Why did I want to do this again? I have actually really enjoyed attempting to learn on my own though.
13. Go to Saint Augustine or New York City: Just not in the cards this year.
14. Switch banks: I still have not found one that I like for my personal accounts yet, but I am still not happy with my current bank.
15. Participate in 6 WDC review raids: I enjoy doing these, but I have not had time since the move. They are either while I am at work or on the weekend where we have been working on projects to get the house up to date.
16. Find a new place to live and move: We did move! It was crazy and insane and I so happy we did so.
17. Attend couples cooking class: I forgot to check with Mr. Wonderful when I made this goal. It was not on his list of things to do so I did not attend by myself… maybe Tick Tock and I should go together to one… that would be awesome! Hey Tick Tock…
18. Join a meet-up group: I thought that joining groups that were interested in the things I was interested in would get me out to meet more people. In the end it just frustrated me as the people who are interested in the things I am interested in and belong to meet up… apparently they don’t have jobs… they kept meeting during the day at coffee houses.
19. See 6 movies in movie theaters: We saw the majority of the big movies this year. When a movie comes out that we want to see we always try to see it in IMAX or wait until we can watch it at home. Unfortunately we were unable to make it out to IMAX for several of the movies we wanted to see, but they should be out soon to watch at home.
20. Visit 3 new wineries: It is always fun to go and visit new places and try new wines.
21. Get rid of 100 things: Getting rid of things with the move has been easy. If you don’t love it enough to pack it and move it… pitch it. If you don’t love it enough to find a new home for it in the new house… pitch it.
22. Make cleaning schedule and stick to it: Still trying to find the right mix for days with the new house.
23. Yoga!: Having to go through physical therapy this year has really made it easier for me to get back into stretching.
24. Stay on budget: For having bought a new house and having a ton of projects we did not know we had to do I think we are doing pretty well.
25. Take vitamins on regular basis: As long as I set them out to take them and only have to think about refilling every few months I’ve done well.
26. Date night out at least once a month preferably somewhere new: Date night out has been really hard. Sometimes it is so much easier to have date night in.
I’m ready for next year!