What did we end up using the most of this month with so much unpacking to do…
- Peanut Butter
Grocery shopping? I’m game! Here’s how I did this week:
What was on the list?
What did I come home with?
What was thrown out this week:
What did you throw out this week?
What is local by you right now?
I had no idea, so I asked the internet what is local to my state and what should be freshest this month.
We do have quite a bit that are year-round foods. My assumption is that this is due to storage of root vegetables/pods and greenhouses.
Oddly enough I know what everything is this month and I am very excited for more of a variety!
What are your produce plans this month?
You can tell by the cover that this book is going to tell you “NO MORE BAGELS!” It actually made me almost mad enough to not buy the book. I love bagels! How dare you try to take my bagels Dr. Davis! I did not want to be one of those people who asked what ingredients were and read every label. Is there gluten in this ice-cream? This is not carefree at all!
With my blood pressure skyrocketing, my stomach in constant stages of duress and my weight continuing to be a running joke between myself and the scale… I decided to listen… after all what could I loose other than my bagels.
While I have not seen much on the side of weight loss (since I’ve been sick I’ve been rather inactive these last 2 weeks), the last doctor’s appointment I had was the first appointment in more than 2 years when I have not had someone yell about my blood pressure.
Really… the first time…
The only stomach issue I have had in the last month I have attributed to the antibiotics I had for the last two weeks. As long as I avoid the gluten… I feel better.
Hopefully one of these days I will master gluten-free bagels…
Is there something worth giving up for you?
Let’s see how well I did with this week …
1. Loose some weight: Not speaking to the scale.
2. Exercise: Total Biked: 206 miles… have not found the power cord yet
3. Eat more whole foods: Probably around 60% this week
4. Pay off some debt: 57.56%
5. Finish 6 quilts: on hold… trying to find thread
6. Host 4 dinner parties: 5/4
7. Try 12 new recipes: 6/12
8. Read 12 non-fiction books: 8/12
9. Write at least 100 words a day on my maybe novel… that would be at least 36,500 by the end of the year: 8.24% to 36,500 words… I have not wanted on this at all something about not being inspired… maybe it is writers block
10. Go to Ireland… again: England… Amsterdam… and Paris instead
11. Try 12 new wines: 8/12
12. Learn some basic phrases in German: bought a kids book… kind of able to follow, just having a hard time retaining the words
13. Go to Saint Augustine or New York City: not yet… probably not in the cards
14. Switch banks: not yet
15. Participate in 6 WDC review raids: 2/6
16. Find a new place to live and move: Complete
17. Attend couples cooking class: not yet
18. Join a meet-up group: Already complete
19. See 6 movies in movie theaters: 3/6
20. Visit 3 new wineries: 2/3
21. Get rid of 100 things: about 75% there
22. Make cleaning schedule and stick to it: making a new one
23. Yoga!: starting to get back into basic stretches
24. Stay on budget: bad… you can never plan enough for doctor’s visits
25. Take vitamins on regular basis: fail for the vitamins I could not find
26. Date night out at least once a month preferably somewhere new: 6/12
17 more weeks to go.